GMC Hummer EV Preview & Pre-Order
After many months of teasers and tantalizing updates, the GMC Hummer EV has finally been revealed! Promising up to 1,000 hp and countless features designed to conquer any and all off-road territory, hopeful buyers from Cary to Charlotte are already wondering how and when they can get behind the wheel of the GMC Hummer electric truck. It’s slated to release for sale in the Fall of 2021, but you can reserve yours today with a refundable deposit of $100. Preview the all-new GMC Hummer with Hendrick Buick GMC Cary below, then get more details on the pre-order process!
GMC Hummer Electric Truck: the Trail-Ready Features
The GMC Hummer EV runs on a quiet all-electric motor – although its roar is low, this trail-ready beast is anything but timid. Check out the cutting-edge features that will revolutionize the way the world thinks about off-road and electric vehicles:
- CrabWalk – What do you do when you reach a narrow impasse on the trail? In other trucks, you might throw it in reverse and choose a different path. Not in the GMC Hummer EV. Engage CrabWalk, and the feature will use the 4-wheel steering system to turn not just the front but also the rear wheels up to 10 degrees in either direction, permitting you to drive diagonally at a low speed right through the tough obstacle.
- Extract Mode – A first-of-its-kind available feature, Extract Mode can be enabled to activate the GMC Hummer Adaptive Air Ride Suspension. Doing so will raise the suspension up an additional 6 inches, providing crucial extra clearance when needed.
- UltraVision – Equip the underbody of the GMC Hummer electric truck with waterproof cameras, providing up to 18 different views of the terrain that lies ahead, below, and behind as you navigate your way through the adventure.
- 35-Inch Tires – Adding to the optimal ground clearance of the GMC Hummer EV are specially engineered 35-inch Goodyear® Wrangler All Territory tires. You’ll have the traction required for the trail and the smooth ride quality you desire on-road.
- Standard Independent Front & Rear Suspension – From trail to highway, standard independent front and rear suspension provide you with confident handling in any condition.
- Full Underbody Armor – This durable equipment is available to protect the underside of the GMC Hummer electric truck in extreme off-road conditions. Full underbody armor and rock sliders prevent damage to the differential and battery back, so you can traverse boulder areas without worry.
- 4-Wheel Steering – Sedan-like handling in a truck? It may sound impossible, but the GMC Hummer EV makes it happen with the available 4-wheel steering system, which creates a smaller turning radius and lithe maneuverability.
GMC Hummer EV Performance: Up to 1,000 Horsepower
Once you get your hands on a new GMC Hummer, you’ll probably want to spend all of your time off-road. But when you’re cruising down Raleigh highways, what is the pavement performance like? Take a look at how the GMC Hummer EV puts the “super” in supertruck:
- Up to 1,000 hp
- Up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque
- 0 – 60 mph in approximately 3 seconds
What is the GMC Hummer Electric Truck Range?
It may sound a little worrisome to bring an all-electric truck on off-road trails far from the paved roads of Charlotte – and far from public charging stations. Provided that you give the ultium battery a full charge before leaving, the GMC Hummer electric truck range can get you out and back without a problem:
- Estimated electric driving range of 350+ miles
- Select trims are compatible with 800-volt DC fast chargers up to 350 kW to achieve 100 miles of range in just 10 minutes of charging
Electric GMC Hummer Price Range and Trim Levels
The initial Fall 2021 release of the GMC Hummer EV will feature only the Hummer EV Edition 1 trim, but there are three other trims slated to release between Fall 2022 and Spring 2024. Here’s an overview of the GMC Hummer price range and trims:
GMC Hummer EV Edition 1
- Available Fall 2021
- Starting at $112,595 MSRP
GMC Hummer EV 3X
- Available Fall 2022
- Starting at $99,995 MSRP
GMC Hummer EV 2X
- Available Spring 2023
- Starting at $88,995 MSRP
GMC Hummer EV 2
- Available Spring 2024
- Starting at $79,995 MSRP
Pre-Order Your GMC Hummer EV Today!
Want to be among the first to take the GMC Hummer electric truck on off-road trails near Cary? You can reserve a GMC Hummer EV now with a fully refundable $100 reservation fee. The pre-order process couldn’t be simpler:
- Choose the trim you want to reserve
- Select Hendrick Buick GMC Cary as your dealership
- Provide necessary contact information so we know how to reach you in the future
When the time comes to place an official order for your GMC Hummer, a member of our team will contact you using the information you provided. With any questions before pre-ordering, please contact us to start a conversation. Need something to tide you over until Fall 2021? You can read up on more GMC model research with us online, or check out our current GMC inventory.