How to Sell a Car at a Dealership in Cary, NC
Whether you are looking to trade in your current vehicle to use the credit toward a new purchase, or you simply want to sell your vehicle without enduring the hassle of privately listing it on your own, Hendrick Buick GMC Cary can help! We make it easy to earn top dollar on your vehicle – what you do with the money you earn is up to you.
In the guide below, we’ll cover the basic steps for how to sell a car at a dealership to show you what to expect from the process. Then, we’ll cover some of the unique benefits of working with a Hendrick dealership to sell or trade your car.
Preliminary Steps Before Selling Your Vehicle
How does selling your car to a dealership work? Before you head out from Raleigh, here are some helpful steps you can take to ensure a successful experience.
- Give Your Car a Refresh: You don’t have to make your car look like it just rolled off the production line, but it should look clean and visually appealing. Have it washed and detailed, ensuring there are no remnants of its past life like pet hair lingering in the interior. Another affordable way to bring the value up is to replace small parts like the wiper blades and floor mats.
- What Are Your Vehicle’s Selling Points?: If you can present a well-documented maintenance history for your car, it will help drive its value up. You should also make sure to mention any special features it has, including sought-after accessories like roof racks.
- Be Ready with the Title: Dig up your car title from wherever you’ve been keeping it as having it ready to go can lead to a quicker sale.
- Do Your Research: Resources like Kelley Blue Book and Cars.com can provide an estimate of how much your car may be worth so you know what type of offer to expect.
You’ve Prepped Your Car, Now What?
Now that you’ve prepped your car and gathered the information and documents you need, here’s what you can do next:
- Contact Us for an Appointment: You’re welcome to stop by on your way home from Charlotte and a friendly associate will gladly tell you more about our car-buying and trade-in programs! Or, you can contact us ahead of time to schedule an appointment. That way, we’ll know to expect you and can have everything set up ahead of time to deliver a one-on-one experience.
- Inspection: Our service team will inspect your vehicle so we can get an accurate assessment of its overall condition and quality, allowing us to provide the most accurate offer straightaway.
- We Make an Offer: After inspecting your vehicle and considering our used inventory, we will make our official offer. We’ll give you time to consider the offer and, should you accept it, you can take it in cash or apply it to your next vehicle if you plan to purchase one with us.
Why Sell Your Car to Hendrick Buick GMC Cary?
Hendrick Buick GMC Cary is proud to be a dealership in the Hendrick Automotive Group, the largest privately held automotive retail organization in the United States! Being a part of a large auto group, we’re able to offer more to customers who wish to sell their vehicle to us. Just a few Hendrick perks include:
- Nationwide Used Inventory: When you are selling your vehicle to us, we can take our nationwide used inventory into account! This allows us to present you with more competitive offers than other dealerships in our area, who are only working with what they have on their own lot to determine the chances of selling your vehicle.
- Hendrick Cares About Customer Service: When you’re working with a Hendrick associate, you are their number one priority. We pride ourselves on first-class customer care, here for you from the first moment you contact us to long after you leave the dealership.
- Transparency: No matter what you’re visiting our dealership for, we believe every step of the process should be transparent and hassle-free.
Sell Your Car to Us in Cary, NC
Are you ready to discover how much value your vehicle holds? Schedule an appointment at Hendrick Buick GMC Cary and our team will work hard to get you the best offer possible. If you are interested in purchasing your next vehicle with us, you can familiarize yourself with our new and pre-owned inventories online. To have more questions like “how does selling your car to a dealership work?” answered by our professionals, check out our online car-buying information center!